GlobeTech is an IT service business delivering first class market focused teams to companies expanding their existing operations or entering new markets. We recruit across 40 languages worldwide with offices in Cork, London, Paris, Austin and Cupertino and over 480 staff members worldwide. GlobeTech manages the complete project from defining the requirements, sourcing the resources and building the team either as an onsite or outsourced operation with excellence built into all aspects of what we do.
The BI Web Developer will be responsible for the analysis, design and implementation of web based tools and reporting solutions that bring efficiencies and business process automation to customers.The developer will work directly with business partners to analyse requirements, develop a deep understanding of underlying business process and propose/implement automated solutions that will help the business execute effectively and efficiently.
The role will require the following core skills at a minimum:
• 1-3 years relevant software development experience with a strong command of standard web technologies
• Development in PHP, preferably including knowledge of CodeIgniter/Symfony/ other MVC Framework Technology.
• Advanced Database & SQL Skills with specific knowledge of MySQL administration/optimisation and tuning.
• Ability to analyse and operate on very large data sets.
• Knowledge of Unix Shell Scripting
• Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and Software Quality Control.
• Integration testing and Unit Testing to ensure solution is ready for UAT handover.
• Ability and willingness to learn quickly, attentive listener and excellent communicator.
• Ability to 'shift gears' quickly and balance multiple priorities.
• Willingness to support current infrastructure and toolset.
• Experience developing HTML5 and responsive applications using leading UI and JS frameworks
• Exposure to Agile development methods
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
• Ability to prioritise tasks and work on multiple assignments
• Ability to develop mockups and summarise features for concept and prototyping
• Confident and mature individual able to work in a pressurised environment
Applicants with the following additional skills would have an advantage:
• Knowledge of ORM technology such as Doctrine.
• Knowledge of analytics and data visualisation software such as Tableau.
• Knowledge of ETL tools and concepts.
• Knowledge of Business Objects
• Knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouses such as Teradata
• Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
• 2HI or higher
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly technical firm with a vibrant company culture where you will receive incredible exposure to the latest technologies. GlobeTech is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Jobs in Cork, Jobs in Ireland, Graduate jobs, Bilingual jobs, Jobs with languages, Tech support jobs, IT jobs, Permanent jobs, Contract jobs, Jobs with languages, Localisation jobs, Localization jobs, Translation jobs, Tech support jobs, Technical supports jobs, Customer service jobs, Language specialist, Jobs, Data analyst jobs, GlobeTech jobs, Multilingual jobs, IT jobs, Software jobs, Software Engineering jobs, Linguistic Tester, Qa jobs